We apply our core competencies and capabilities to address the diverse and complex issues facing our customers.
As a public company, we communicate regularly with our shareholders, including through our quarterly financial reports and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, our annual shareholder meeting, postings on the Investor Relations section of our website, regular public announcements and in-person meetings.
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America for the second year in a row.
- Maintained a leadership score on the CDP climate change program for the sixth consecutive year.
- Named on DiversityInc’s annual Top 50 Companies for Diversity list for an eighth consecutive year.
We measure our performance against financial and nonfinancial metrics of importance to our shareholders, customers and employees. These metrics also factor into executive compensation. Our 2017 financial performance metrics were measures of operating margin rate, cash from operations conversion and net income growth. Our nonfinancial metrics were customer satisfaction, quality, employee engagement and inclusion, diversity, safety and environmental sustainability.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN AT A GLANCE 2017
- NYSE Symbol: NOC
- Employees: Approximately 70,000
- Net Earnings: $2.0 billion
- Diluted Earnings Per Share: $11.47
- Floor Space: 35 million square feet
- Total Shareholder Return: 33.9%