Our Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) professionals define and implement our overall Northrop Grumman strategy to support compliance and environmental sustainability across our diverse global operations at 424 separate locations. Site managers provide employees the resources and support to prevent or mitigate environmental impacts. The activity and work accomplished by our EHS staff in 2017 is highlighted in the following three sections (see HEALTH AND SAFETY for more information):
- EHS Compliance
- Environmental Remediation
- Environmental Sustainability
OUR POLICY AND COMMITMENT
- Implement pollution prevention programs to minimize the release of contaminants, the use of natural resources and the generation of solid and hazardous waste.
- Establish processes to facilitate timely identification, reporting and response to EHS concerns and conduct training and awareness campaigns.
- Integrate EHS requirements and sustainability practices in planning, design, procurement and modification activities.