As we continue to grow as a global security company, we remain committed to delivering sustainable performance for our shareholders, customers and employees. Sustainable performance requires strong operational excellence, leveraging the power of our diversity with a culture of inclusion. It also requires adherence to the values of our company, including high standards of ethics and integrity, as well as managing our company with a commitment to corporate citizenship, effective environmental stewardship and strong corporate governance.
We are proud to provide our customers with products and services that help them meet their critical mission requirements. Our business and corporate responsibility objectives complement each other, and our progress in these endeavors would not be possible without the devotion of our 67,000 employees. Their talent and hard work supports our customers, and their involvement in our communities is the cornerstone of corporate citizenship at Northrop Grumman.
This 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report chronicles the efforts of our employees and corporate engagement with our communities in six areas:
- Our Business
- People and Culture
HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2016
- The Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index recognized Northrop Grumman as one of the top aerospace and defense companies for corporate sustainability performance.
- For the past 10 years, our Operation IMPACT (Injured Military Pursuing Assisted Career Transition) program has focused on assisting severely wounded service members as they transition from the military to the private sector.
- We reflected our commitment to ethical business conduct in our supply chain through a new Supplier Standards of Business Conduct.
- We maintained our focus on building the best culture at Northrop Grumman with diversity and inclusion central to that goal.
- In support of global communities where we live and work, Northrop Grumman, the Northrop Grumman Foundation and our employees donated approximately $48 million, including more than $19 million invested in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs.
- Our “Ethics: Own It, Live It, Lead It” campaign supported and maintained our reputation as a top performer in our industry. Our employees received training on our refreshed Standards of Business Conduct and other key ethics issues.
We are pleased to provide in this report an overview of the progress we are making in building a company that will perform in a sustainable manner for the long term, and that will continue to create value for all of our stakeholders.